How to Un-Jam an Airsoft Gun
Most of us occassionally have the unfortunate experience of having our airsoft gun jam on us, so when this happens, how do we fix it?
1. Safety first. Put the selector switch on "safe" (removing the battery is also a good idea)
2. Remove the magazine.
3. Turn your hop-up all the way OFF. Neglecting to do this could result in damage to your hop-up bucking or the hop-up itself.
4. Take your unjamming rod (you should have recieved one in the package with your airsoft gun) and carefully take the wedge shaped end and run it down the barrel. Once you get to where the bbs are jammed, gently ram the rod against the jammed bbs a few times and they should come out.
Now that we have learned how to unjam our airsoft gun, let's take a look at how we can aviod jams in the first place.
1. Use only HIGH-GRADE BB's!! This is one of THE most important aspects. In addition to preventing jams, high quality bbs will also help you get the best performance out of your airsoft weapon.
2. Keep your gun barrel clean; be careful not to get dirt or other debris in the barrel. It is also a good idea to clean your barrel fairly often, after every few games or so.
Article by Stryker